Monday, 15 April 2013

la, la, la ladybugs !

Hello again !
 Well, i did a new mani :) a very simple and cute, ladybug design ! with 2 different variations of ladybugs.
 Now, the reason for doing it is simple, its spring time, and it was snowing here yesterday...so I wanted a little springtime on my nails :)

 
cute right ? <3
 
The colors I used are:
 
Sally Hansen : Cardinal
Sally Hansen : Black Heart
Sally Hansen : white out
Stripe Rite : Black
Stripe Rite : White
Base Coat - Sally Hansen Diamond shine
Top coat - Sally hansen Insta-Dri
 
 
Here is how i did these cute little nails, with pictures !
**sorry if the pictures are not very good**
 
Step 1:
 
I put base coat on all of my nails. And on the thumb and ring finger, I painted 2 coats of the cardinal.
 
Step 2:
 
with cardinal, on the rest of the nails, paint, the top of a heart shape on the tips of you nails ( 3 ). And with the black stripper, make a little "arch" int he middle of the "heart" shape is. Also, outline the red, with the black stripper.
 
Step 3:
 
Fill in the black arch, with black. What I did was, i dipped a tooth pick into black polish and filled it in that way, it was easier then using th stripper.
 
Step 4:
 
Now, take the black stripper, and make a like down the middle of your thumb and ring finger.
also, put 2 little lines on the black 1/2 circle, this makes the little feelers on your tip ladybugs.

 Step 5:
 
On the thumb and ring finger, paint th tip, black. This is the head of the ladybug.
 
Step 6:
 
Alost done ! now, comes details. with a white, make 2 white dots on the black tips on the thumb and ring fingers for eyes ! I used the tips of 2 different sized paint brushes, but if you have a dotting tool, use that :)
Continuing with dots, put smaller black dots in the white dots to make pupils of the eyes !!
While you have your black and dotting tools out, put dots on the red of all the nails.
Starting to look more ladybug-ish now hey ?
 
Step 6 :
Final !
 
Now take your white stripper, and outline the black lines on the 3 nails with ladybug tips. Like the head, the lines by the head and the feelers. I found this broken up the black and gave it a nicer look.
The put your top coat on and,
 ta-da !! lady bug nails !!
 
 
 I hope you enjoyed this small tutorial on how to create this little design. Im not the best at explaining things out, so good thing i had pictures this time, **haha**
This is my very frst tutorial and im hoping to do more in the future ! Give this design a try !! it was so fun doing it and didnt take overly to long to complete <3
 
I really hope you enjoyed this as much as i did!
Leave me some feedback, !
 thoughts ?, comments ?
 
-Miss TaraMelissa
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment